Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I smell decomp...

My neighbors are the living dead. Or perhaps spirits. Or... perhaps rotting in their basement. I'm not sure. ..:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />



There are lights on, but nothing ever moves. I don't see any changes of curtains... knickknacks. I've been doing my own investigating.



When I first moved in I noticed that right outside my kitchen door onto the balcony I can see into their kitchen window. There is a spider plant or some hosta piece of shit in their window ceil. It was bright green and thriving.



That is not the case today. Today it has withered even more, the thing is dying. Is it from conscious neglect? Or is it following suit with it's already partially decomposed owners in the basement?



Why do I use my precious brain power and time worrying about why my neighbors aren't watering their plants? God knows mine are dying despite every effort I have made.



I'm excellent with animals, but you throw me a plant and that fucker is dead in hours. Seriously. I don't know what it is, people say I have a black thumb. I'm supposing that I sweat round-up.



It's not that I don't like them. I do. I grew lilies (my favorite flower). I dug the holes with care, measured them as directed by their packaging and then covered them all.



Then. I did nothing. I didn't touch the bastards. They grew just fine. They were pretty, I enjoyed looking at them - but had to move. I didn't dare try to transplant them - that would have been mass lily genocide.



We don't want that do we? No.



Ok. So I just spoke with my next door neighbor, a sweet older woman who has become obsessed with my cats solved the mystery of the rotting neighbors.

No mystery really. Nothing exciting even. Absolutely and completely normal.



God/Goddess/Flying Spaghetti Monster bless George Carlin. For the love of all things holy why did he have to go and die. The man was pure genius.


Well damn. I have nothing else to say right now. Why couldn't the house beside me be filled with the living dead?

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/melanthia_greystone/blog#ixzz0vZV1Aoc9